Friday, December 11, 2015

100 First Jokes V - 1/1/16 - ImprovBoston - The Scoop

100 First Jokes V: 1/1/16 - ImprovBoston - Cambridge, MA

I'm excited to hear comedians buzzing about the fifth annual installment of our stand up comedy party. 

In said party, all comedians involved will tell their first brand new joke of 2016 in front of a resolution heavy crowd at ImprovBoston. 

For comedians:
I'll be reaching out to the 200, yes, 200 comedians I've personally selected for 100 First Jokes V in the next week or so. 


I will not be taking walk-ins this year. This show is the most rewarding show to produce, but it's also the most exhausting. Ever booked or produced a showcase with 10 comics? You get it. Never have? You don't. Every year, producing this show is a wild, exciting and chaotic process and I've got it down to a science. I'm trying to make the shows as inclusive as possible without 75 comedians walking in on the night of the show hoping for stage time. 

Chances are that if you've done the show before or you want to do the show, you're already on my list. 
If you'd like to help out producing, organizing or wrangling, email me at danajaybein@gmail.com. 
If you have any questions, I guess I can answer those by email as well.

For fans of comedy:
The shows are at 7:30PM and 9:30PM. There will be roughly 100 Boston area comedians on each show. That's right, 100. They each get less than 2 minutes to show us what they've written in the last 20 hours.
It's an absolute joy to watch the birth of a joke. It's not as messy as real birth. (most of the time) Some of the jokes are wonderful; some of them - not so much. All of the comedians on the show will put their bravery and vulnerability on display to kick off the new year. If you've never been to 100 First Jokes, you've got to see it. Feel free to email me if you have questions. (danajaybein@gmail.com). 

Tickets are available here: http://www.improvboston.com/shows/100-first-jokes

Love you guys. 
- DJB 
(Dana Jay Bein)

No comments:

Post a Comment